Saturday, May 7, 2011

new earrings

The former works in progress - are now finished...

The Earth has weight 
The symbol carved in bone here is an Adinkra symbol of West Africa - asase ye duru - meaning the Earth has weight. This is speaking to me strongly at the moment. Combined simply with jasper in an earthy green, to remind us to stay connected with the earth, our Mother.


Earth Mother
Another pair of earrings with this symbol - formed in copper this time and paired with chalcedony and peridot.


The Spiral Dance
An ancient symbol that has been used by many cultures, always in a positive way. Our galaxy is a spiral - perhaps that is the reason this symbol speaks to many of us. Copper, vintage silver plated chain, silk cord, carnelian, peach moonstone.

15 comments:

Vintajia Adornments said...

Earth has Weight is my favourite.

Esther said...

very very very beautiful both!! love the message they inspire! the last one seems a litle coral on the water.. so cute, and strong in the same time! congrats!

Diane said...

Renate...all beautiful earrings, but the Spiral Dance is gorgeous! Love how you added the silk cord~perfect!

lilylovekin said...

Great work. The last is my fav-moonstone is my favorite stone and of course I love the spiral and the silk. Just want to say thanks for all the words of support you leave for me they are greatly appreciated. Lorrie

Judy said...

so creative Renate, I love them! Earth Weight is my favorite!

Diane said...

Love them all, Renate...and they are a great size too! I like the larger earrings.

sharon said...

I too love the silk with the metal, and all the symbolism here!The last is my fav, incredible colors and movement!

SueBeads said...

They are gorgeous Renate!

Unknown said...

Each more lovely than the next, but none more beautiful than it's predessor.
"The Earth has weight" seems very symbolic these days. Very appropriate.

Anonymous said...

beautiful work!

mairedodd said...

these are all so beautiful and meaning-filled... you speak simply and powerfully... your knowledge of symbols and ability to recreate them yourself is so inspiring to me...

Anonymous said...

My favourite are the Earth Mother pair, Renate. That soft green is gorgeous.

steufel said...

Die sind alle wunderschön, aber ich glaube, Earth has weight ist mein Favorit:-)

The Joy of Nesting said...

Ohhhh Hermanita!!

I am so in awe and in love with the new direction you are taking your creations!!!! They are so incredibly strong and beautiful. They are a perfect reflection of all that is you!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Cindy said...

Hello Renate - Guten Morgen. I have tried to visit but could not leave a comment on some Blogger blogs for some reason. I've been wanting to say hello and check in with you.
I'm happy to see that you've had some wonderful creative sessions in the studio. I love your new earrings and their symbolism. I too am a big fan of the spiral design element.
Have a great weekend!