Sunday, November 10, 2013

...hello? Is anyone still there?...


I wouldn't be surprised if nobody was... it has been an awfully long time since I posted. 

What can I say? Life got in the way, but mostly it was just me getting in my own way. I do that. Often. Feeling I had nothing worth sharing. And then, my muse left me - well, at least she wasn't here much.

I kept on making stuff - trying new techniques, learning - but never really finishing things. Always doubting whether it was finished, whether it was good enough... maybe you could say I was looking for myself. And then I got lost. In the forest of doubt.
And days run into weeks run into months...

So, did I lose my doubts, you ask? No, not really. My muse has been visiting more often, though. And I have finally finished a couple of pieces that have been lying around on my work bench for longer than I care to mention. As well as some new earrings. Nothing spectacular. But it feels good to have a few things labeled 'finished'. The 'studio' still needs to be renovated, due to 'new' (new to me, that is) old cabinets that have been acquired for storage - fantastic cabinets, I am over the moon about them. A couple of months (plus a lot of work and plenty of money) were invested in giving the house a face lift. So - things have been happening. And I have decided - yes, decided - that it is time I tried to find my virtual voice again and time to come out of the hermit's cave... now I am hoping that someone is still listening.

13 comments:

ProvidenceMine said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to your new posts! Love your blog!

lilylovekin said...

Yes, I'm here. I've followed your posts on Pinterest. I'm glad you are doing well. I always felt a connection to you although we were miles apart. The comments you would leave for me were so heartfelt and right on for me. It is nice to hear you've continued with your creative life. Take care. Lorrie (lilylovekin)

Anonymous said...

So happy to know that you are okay. I was concerned, thought you were ill. hence the emails. Wonderful that you have a refurbished 'studio' and that your muse is still by your side even though she wandered off at times.
Take care. A big hug to you.

romantic decay said...

So glad your back!!

Honey from the Bee said...

I'm listening! So glad to see you back. Sometimes we just need to take a break!

Valerianna said...

Here still and happy to see you here!!

Maggie Zee said...

Welcome back!! I've been following your Pinterest pins so I knew you were still out there, but wondered how you were doing. You have been missed ...

Anonymous said...

Fantastic to see your new stuff and glad to hear you're back on track

Narrative jewelry said...

Hi Renate,

Happy to read you again. Welcome back ! Always in my mind.
Bisous,
Vero

Hopemore Studio said...

this is why blog feeds are something to be thankful for!
Hi Renate, so glad you posted again. Haven't we all been there....feeling like there is nothing interesting to say? I always try to remember that blogging is something I do for myself (even though followers are lovely to have). No guilt :-)

TesoriTrovati said...

Happy to hear your voice again Renate! Lovely to know that your remodeling is coming along. I am trying to do some of that myself. Just stay true to who you are and what feels right and you will know you are being a success. Enjoy the day! Erin

Doreen said...

I'm still here, Renate! I know you are too, because we see each other on Pinterest all the time! If you start blogging again, I'll be watching!!

Kim Schoenberger said...

Welcome back Renate. I can certainly relate to your senitment, life sometimes takes us into retreat. Use the retreat to gain in strength and to recharge the batteries. Trust in your process and all you wish for will come to you... K x