Saturday, February 27, 2010

Evidence of spring

I have been hearing different songs early in the mornings of this week. The birds have changed their tunes. They are singing spring songs.
So, as today is a wonderfully sunny day, I went out to the garden to look for other signs of spring.

What a glorious blue sky!!!

My snowdrops! To think they have been growing underneath all that snow!

The Helleborus are coming too!

Some foxglove - successfully braving the snow.

Swelling buds on the cherry tree.

No, these are store bought signs of spring - some tulips to greet me at the door.

More store bought springiness. I need a bit of colour to brighten the days without sunshine.

I'm hoping it won't be too long now. And tomorrow, the big flea market will take place. Since the weather is promising to be mild tomorrow, I will definitely be going.

12 comments:

mairedodd said...

wonderful! i adore snowdrops... we are looking at another potentially large storm next week... i hope yours has come to an end... enjoy the flea market and do share!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

This is great! You must get spring a bit earlier than we do in the midwest in America. I loved seeing this. Thanks dear one. Blessings.

Unknown said...

What wonderful signs of spring...the singing of the birds is definately a sure thing that it won't be long now.

Narrative jewelry said...

Thank you to share these beautiful spring photos dear Ren. It is so good to see colours. I am pretty sure daffodils will be open for next week and lilacs have lovely little buds too. And you are right, the birds do not sing the winter song, it is a spring song ! Youpi !

Daniel said...

Oh, how funny! Seems like we had the same thought - looking for signs of Spring! I am glad the weather is becoming milder in your part of the world. Usually, but mid-March Savannah is in full azalea bloom. I wonder if that's going to happen "on time". We are not supposed to really warm up even next week. But when it does happen, it's an ocean of beauty... Wishing you mild days, dear friend!! Love, Silke

Daniel said...

Oops! Forgot I was on Daniel's computer... :-) Silke

lilylovekin said...

I'm so glad winter has finally broken in your neck of the woods and that spring is there. You have captured it so beautifully in your photos. Enjoy everyday to its fullest. much love Lorrie

SummersStudio said...

Seeing those little bits of spring makes me hopeful that warmth is around the corner. I think I will run out and check my trees for swelling blossom buds. Have fun at the market!

Wanda..... said...

I hope to see the same here soon, but it's at least a month away!

Judy said...

There is nothing better than spring songs...I love it when all the new growth starts...it is a wonderful new beginning for everyone.

creativelenna said...

So very fresh and beautiful, Renate! Thank you for showing me these signs of spring!

Cindy said...

Renate, there are many more signs of Spring since the last time you checked around your yard! Lots of greenery peeking through...and so glad to hear it after all of the bitter cold you've had to deal with. Have fun at the flea market!