Friday, March 27, 2009

Just a little note to you


I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that has visited my blog, has left comments or even joined as a follower. It supports and encourages me. Thank you very much, all of you!

There were two main reasons for beginning this blog – I wanted to grow in an artistic sense; learn new skills and techniques; push my boundaries further and discover what I am truly capable of. I also wanted to reach out and make contact with other people; that share my love for the beauty of art, all kinds of art. People who also share my appreciation of the beauty of vintage bits and pieces, that are sometimes very mundane, but always with a hidden story. Of unexpected treasures, that sometimes – if we let them - impart a tiny bit of magic into our lives.

In these difficult times (yes, they are difficult, all over the world, in a multitude of ways), it comforts me to know there are many of you out there. We need to appreciate the beauty in the world, especially in difficult times. Although I may not be able to make contact with all of you, I am truly thankful for every one of you.

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

Lovely sentiments, Renate. I enjoy reading your blog. And I especially enjoy the sense of community that blogging allows. I think it does help each of us to grow in our artistic endeavors and be grateful for the beauty in the world. Warm regards, LeAnn