Thursday, March 12, 2009

Such a lovely colour!

A little while ago, I purchased two lovely porcelain connectors from LeAnn at SummersStudio (she also has lovely buttons!) and I just love the colour. It is so close to tourmaline bluegreen; my favorite colour of tourmaline. Then I found these beautiful glass beads - in Sabine's shop BeadBead (my favourite bead shop!) which have that exact colour of tourmaline! I knew right away that I was going to combine these prizes with some tiny seed pearls I have had in my stash for quite some time. But how to tie it all together?
It seems my vintage mother of pearl buttons insisted on being included. I made several components for the necklace - some of which didn't make me happy in this piece, so they were laid aside for other inspirations. This is the outcome:

I really love this necklace! Freshwater pearls, seed pearls, Czech glass beads, mother of pearl buttons all come together with the connector for a very special piece. Now, what am I going to do with the other connector??

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Renate, it is so delicate and lovely. The combination of glass, buttons is just wonderful. I always love seeing what people do with my little things. It is such a nice surprise. Thank you for making it come to life! Cheers, LeAnn

Deryn Mentock said...

Oh, this is so pretty. You're right about that color!

Pauline said...

Very subtile and beautiful.