Thursday, March 12, 2009

Such a lovely colour!

A little while ago, I purchased two lovely porcelain connectors from LeAnn at SummersStudio (she also has lovely buttons!) and I just love the colour. It is so close to tourmaline bluegreen; my favorite colour of tourmaline. Then I found these beautiful glass beads - in Sabine's shop BeadBead (my favourite bead shop!) which have that exact colour of tourmaline! I knew right away that I was going to combine these prizes with some tiny seed pearls I have had in my stash for quite some time. But how to tie it all together?
It seems my vintage mother of pearl buttons insisted on being included. I made several components for the necklace - some of which didn't make me happy in this piece, so they were laid aside for other inspirations. This is the outcome:

I really love this necklace! Freshwater pearls, seed pearls, Czech glass beads, mother of pearl buttons all come together with the connector for a very special piece. Now, what am I going to do with the other connector??

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Renate, it is so delicate and lovely. The combination of glass, buttons is just wonderful. I always love seeing what people do with my little things. It is such a nice surprise. Thank you for making it come to life! Cheers, LeAnn

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so pretty. You're right about that color!

Pauline said...

Very subtile and beautiful.