Thursday, May 14, 2009

Columbines


I just love columbines! They will grow everywhere in the garden that appeals to them and will not be tamed into staying in place.


They cross with each other wildly, so that every year I am amazed at the colours and shapes of the flowers.


Real children of nature, they do not require special care. And they do not appeal to slugs!!! LOL This is a real plus in my garden.


They are so faerylike, with those little skirts and their delicate leaves.


I wanted to show a few of the variations I have this year.
Sherry Lee, these are for you!!

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Just beautiful!

SummersStudio said...

Renate, they are so beautiful. I've never seen so many colours of columbine.

lilylovekin said...

These are beautiful. I did not know they were so easy to grow and take care of. I think I can learn alot about gardening from you

Unknown said...

Yes, they do I can always count on them in our high dessert climate , but I do not think mine ever have had the big lush blossoms Yours have. ulie

Deryn Mentock said...

What a beautiful array of colors!

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Just beautiful!

Rosanne said...

Shades of purple, my favorite!
I'll say it again, you have a beautiful garden.

Diane said...

They really are gorgeous!

Silke Powers said...

These columbine are beautiful! I wonder if they'd grow here in coastal Georgia. Hmmm.... Renate, if you go to my blog, you've got an award waiting for you! :) Silke

sharon said...

Your columbines are lovely Renate, I haven't had them for years but want to go out and get some now!! The bottom photo is special! Really beautiful!

stregata said...

Thank you everyone!

Sherry said...

And here I am, late to the party Renate!!!

These are so beautiful...they are making my feet dance!! I love the ones that have a mixed colour blend...for some reason they seem so soft.

I love the bowed heads of the columbine...there is something of the supplicant to them as if they are in prayer...

And yes, they do remind me of faeries!!!

Thank you so much for sharing these and for making me happy...mine should be up in a week or so but I love having an early peek at one of my very favourite blooms in the garden!!! ♥