Friday, March 26, 2010

Work in progress and a nest

I have been trying something new. Sari fabric in resin. I am loving the glowing colours, which are even more intense in the resin.
Butterfly


I don't really believe I have to introduce the talented lady to you, that made this little bird. But in case somebody new stumbles across my blog, I will anyway. It is, of course, LeAnn of Summers Studio. She is a master of clay, constantly coming up with beautiful designs. Her birds are so sweet.

LeAnn's birdie


I have turned this little bluebird of happiness into a pendant, using sterling silver wire, aquamarine and peridot beads. Now I need to finish the necklace part.



LeAnn also sent me some of her lovely little eggs. I am totally in love with these. Don't they look cute in that nest??

porcelain eggs in a nest
Thank you so much, LeAnn. Your work is so lovely and inspiring and you are a true friend!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love anything with Birds! Thanks for sharing!

Happy weekend!

Silke Powers said...

Oh, how beautiful! I love them all!! Your butterfly, the bird and the nest. It all says spring! Love, Silke

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love the butterfly! What a great idea.

mairedodd said...

gorgeous renate! i have been playing with fiber in resin too - it certainly soaks it right up... it seems that you have treated it almost as paper on the back - i love the effect that you created... and i too have a very soft spot for those birds...

Createology said...

Your resin butterfly is very beautiful. I also adore the tiny blue bird focal piece. Happy creating...

sharon said...

Beautiful Renate! Great idea with the sari and resin, such gorgeous colors!!
Do I have to tell you how much I love the bird and eggs??!!

Wanda..... said...

I imagine it would be very enjoyable to just watch you create your lovely artwork!

Judy said...

Wow, fabric and resin what a great combination! What is not to love about Leann's work...wonderful!

mermaiden said...

oh, that's a great idea! i love how you're pushing boundaries with resin possibilities.

The Joy of Nesting said...

Hermanita,

What a great idea with the sari and resin and it's soooo beautiful!!!!

Oh I am sooo in love with LeAnn's birdies,eggs nest, owl, bunnies... The birdie pendent is amazing I can't wait to see the necklace now!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

SummersStudio said...

Renate, you make me happy! The birdie pendant is lovely with the spiral above and the gems below. So sweet. I think I need to get a nest and add some eggs to it. I love that. But far and above is what you've done with the sari fabric. That is a beautiful piece. I really like how the resin has made the fabric so intense. Hugs, LeAnn

Cindy said...

I absolutely love LeAnn's sweet pieces as well..and love what you did with the bird/pendant! Your sari ribbon butterfly is amazing...it has your name written all over it. You're a master with copper! Hope you have a great weekend!

Esther said...

2 talented ladies!!! beautiful butterflie ren!! and what you did with the little bird.. so cute!!

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Adore your snowdrops, light and nest! Those eggs of your friends are gorgeous! Blessings of Spring to you.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Your butterfly is beautiful! I've got ICE resin here at home but haven't carved out any time to sit down and try it out.

I love LeAnn's creations! Just ordered some of her new clasps yesterday.