Friday, October 9, 2009

Around-the-World Round Robin Project

Round Robin

I am so excited to share the news with you! I was asked to participate in an international Round Robin necklace project!! And it is underway!

Our "initiatrice" is Cindy of Sweet Bead Studio - Thank you, Cindy! My collaborateurs: Véronique of Narrative Jewelry, Sharon of Livewire Jewelry and Esther of Mes Illusions Baroque; a group of really talented and inspiring ladies - I am very honoured to be participating in this project with all of you!!

Each of us has started a necklace and each piece is now on its way to the next person, who will add to the necklace and again pass it on. I can't even imagine how beautiful these will be when they are finished - but they will be very special keepsakes, I know! Imagine these necklace travelling back and forth between Europe and America!!

Apparently, we have gotten a bit carried away - because now it not just a necklace round robin. No - we have also added a bit of mixed media to document the stages of the necklace! Double thrill!

We have decided not to post pictures before the necklaces are completed, so as not to spoil the surprise for each of us during this journey. We will, however mention the round robin, when the necklaces travel.

Cindy, Esther, Sharon and Véronique - thank you for your friendship and thank you for working on this fantastic project with me! I am so thrilled and honored and excited and can't wait for us to complete this. Did I mention that I am excited?

11 comments:

Esther said...

super!! i'm glad to make this adventure with all of you ladies!!

Cindy said...

Aw, Renate what a beautifully worded post!! I can't wait to receive your necklace and your infamous journal...from what Esther has hinted, it is BEAUTIUFUL!!...and I'll see it next! :-) Have a great Friday!

mairedodd said...

have fun with this! sounds wonderful...

sharon said...

I am sooo excited myself to be in this with you and the others Renate!!! Can't wait to see the next part!

Sherry said...

Oh what fun this sounds!! I look forward to seeing the finished product -- both the jewelry and the mixed media pieces!!!

TesoriTrovati said...

As I told Esther, I will be very interested to watch the progress. It is so delightful to collaborate like this with other like-minded artists. So much fun! Enjoy the day! Erin

Barry said...

One of the great benefits of blogging is community, the ability to meet and exchange thoughts and ideas with people traveling paths similar to our own.

Back in the 1920 when Hemingway needed the stimulation of fellow artists he had to move to Paris. Now we just blog.

And maybe send a few necklaces around the world.

Barbara said...

How fun to share your artistry with others this way. It's like a traveling story that changes from person to person...Love it.

Narrative jewelry said...

Thank you Renate for this beautiful post on our Round Robin, you found the words. I am really proud to share this beautiful adventure with you, Cindy, Esther and Sharon.

xox

Unknown said...

can't wait to see what you ladies come up with...sounds like lots of fun!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Can't wait to see all the creations from this group of extremely talented ladies.