Friday, October 30, 2009

Reorganizing (again) and new beads

I am reorganizing my room. Got the computer set up on a smaller table (because the computer takes up so much space, I can't use the table for anything else anyway).

On the other wall: a used cabinet from a printer - Max snagged this several years ago and wanted to use it for his tools in his workshop. But for some strange reason, never did. This spring, he fixed it up and now it is in my room (it just barely fit through the door with 0,5 mm to spare). I have my paper and ephemera and pencils and art stuff in there and on the top I do my art work and my packaging.




I was at a bead show today. Found some treasures, but the light was already fading when I got home, so these pictures are not the best.



I can't wait to start using these! Lots of yummy stuff to get the creative juices flowing...
And yes, I do have a penchant for green!

12 comments:

SueBeads said...

Nice beads! I love the printer's table! Lucky you!

Sherry said...

I love having this glimpse into your home, where you are and where you work!!! This is some table with so many great drawers in it!! And I love the beads...here's to green!!! :)

Unknown said...

now I would love to have a set of drawers like this...looks like you made out well at the bead show

Barbara Lewis said...

Damn it! I've missed some really good posts by you. My blog list wasn't showing updates from your blog! But now I've caught up and I love seeing other people's studios. You've got a great space! And the recent flea market pictures ... do I have to go to Germany to find a flea market like that?!!! Nice visiting you again.

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

So many lovely beads with great color. And I'm in love with that cabinet. What a great piece to have in your studio.

Esther said...

wow Renate!! you have a beautiful specimen of labradorite... i'm so jalous!! the black drops are magnifiques too!! love your wall patina.. and cabinet!! (in french a cabinetis an usal word for wc,what a strange deviant language!! oops)

Narrative jewelry said...

Thank you Renate to share with us a little of your intimity. Those rooms seem to be quiet, where are the kittens ????

Love all the beads strands, as Esther, especially labradorite and what seems to be prehnite in nuggets.
Why didn't you ask me to go with you at the bead show ? ;-)

xox

cindy said...

Thanks for sharing new pictures of your studio...that cabinet is GREAT. Will really help to organize. I bet it was fun at the bead show (I'm jealous!)...look at all of those wonderful new beads!! I'm sure you'll make something pretty with them soon.

Silke Powers said...

Renate, it's so fun to see a little bit of your working space. I LOVE that printer table - what a great place for all your papers and ephemera! And great beads you got there - can't wait to see what you create with them!! Hugs, Silke

sharon said...

Ohhh Renate, I am green with envy!! haha. Love all that green, and the black is beautiful! You have a wonderful cabinet, and everything is sooo organized!!

Barbara said...

Oh, Renate, that chest is so wonderful! So Organized! Can't wait to see what you do with the beads. Hope you got a good price. Here, those beads are so expensive!! My daughter makes jewelry, and I go to the stores with her. Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

very cool cabinet, i want one.
can't wait to see what you make with those yummy beads!